This was worn to lunch and conspiring with a friend, a barbecue at what might be the coolest/creepiest home in Provo, and an outdoor movie night in violent wind.
I bought this dress over a year ago at some local thrift place. I wore it once (for a blind date in October), and then realized that it was in such bad shape that I would have to take it apart and re-do pretty much every seam. So that is what I did. And it was well worth it, I think. It’s still ridiculously hard to get on and off and there is still too much weight hanging from those poor buttons on the straps, but I love it.
And now for the announcement: My friend Janeal and I will be collaborating/competing on a new blog! Friends, meet razz vs. wiretap. We will be competing in several different categories. The first battle will be Wardrobe Warfare. We’re each going to go as long as we can without repeating an outfit. And I am going to win. In the future, we’ll probably try to get all of you more involved, with polls and … other clever things. The contest begins on Monday (which is tomorrow … eep), and it also means that I’ll have to take an outfit picture every single day, which is kind of intimidating. Especially compared to the incredibly-photogenic Janeal (aka wiretap). So you’ll probably start seeing more outfit posts around here, too.
Because really, what the internet needs is more pictures of me.
I have an announcement that is completely unrelated to the picture: There is yet another blog in my life.
This time, it’s a competition blog between me (aka Razz) and my friend Janeal (aka Wiretap). We’re starting out with Wardrobe Warfare, and the battles will heat up from there. It’s obviously in it’s infancy right now, so be patient.
I’m debating whether to keep, replace, or remove the flower. The straw isn’t in the best of shape, and I don’t want to tax it any more than is necessary.
When worn in a more forward position on the head (and backwards, I think), this looks like a cloche. I think that the end in the picture above was actually originally intended to be the back, but that’s not how it works with me.
Okay, so it’s not a kosher top hat, but I can’t think of what else to call it. To fit, it has to be worn squarely on the back of my head, and it just looks like the kind of top hat a cartoon would wear. It’s a very pale blue.
I got this at one of the antique malls in the frontage road in Springville, but I can’t remember which one. It doesn’t matter, though, they’re both good for hats and gloves.
I know. It is another meme. But honestly, I’m just going to create another blog specifically to fill my survey craving (seriously, I love talking about myself that much), and then you’ll miss them. You’ll see. Anyway, I got this from my lovely sister Jenn.
1) Copy this list into your blog or journal, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Optional extra: Post a comment at http://www.verygoodtaste.co.uk linking to your results.
1. Venison Although I have the faint memory of having some strange animal jerky once. It may have been whatever animal venison is made of.
2. Nettle tea
3. Huevos Rancheros (Yeah, I don’t know what that one is either)
4. Steak tartare
6. Black pudding (Gross. Gross!)
7. Cheese Fondue
10. Baba ghanoush (and it’s wonderful on sandwiches)
12. Pho (I don’t know what this one is. But I’m intrigued by the short name.)
13. PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo gobi (Don’t know this one either. But I’ll eat it.)
15. Hot dog from a street cart
16. Epoisses (but just a little bit)
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes
19. Steamed pork buns
20. Pistachio ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries
23. Foie gras
24. Rice and beans
25. Brawn, or head cheese
26. Raw Scotch Bonnet pepper
27. Dulce de Leche
30. Bagna cauda (I’ve started looking these things up.)
31. Wasabi peas
32. Clam chowder in a sourdough bowl
33. Salted lassi
35. Root beer float
Okay, I’m not interested in food enough to continue. Example: today I ate half of a cinnamon roll, potato wedges, Wheat Thins with Cheez Whiz, and a homemade pizza. But the pizza was only homemade because it was baked in my oven and I sliced tomatoes from the garden to put on top. Today was a pretty gourmet day, comparatively.
If these were anything but a patent oxford, the heel wouldn’t work for me. It’s just too middling. But it works here. And they’re incredibly comfortable. They make me want to trot around campus spouting pomposities.
These are pretty nice, right? Good leather, well worn, cute embellishment, nice color, demure wedge heel. So I picked them up to take a look.
Bah! Ferragamo! I’m the kind of girl who only dreams of brands such as these. And they’re in such good shape! I will probably never wear them because I don’t treat my shoes well, but they sure look good in my closet.
I’m to that point in the summer where I’m just aching for school to start. This doesn’t mean I want it to be fall, because I don’t. Fall means that in two weeks it will be bitter, bitter winter and I’ll have to wear very restrictive clothing. I mean, I do have a trench and a few wool skirts to look forward to, but I’m still not thrilled to have to box up my cotton dresses. Anyway, I really can’t wait for the semester to begin.
Also, here’s a meme. I can’t remember which blog I got it from (some obscure thing starting with the letter ‘s’), but I love it. The answers are all courtesy of Ichabod, my iTunes/iPod shuffle mechanism.
1. What is missing from my life? Love is Coming Down – The Who (sad sad sad)
2. Will I find love? Until Lately – Dream Syndicate
3. Will I become rich? Sinister Purpose – Creedence Clearwater Revival (bahahaha)
4. Does someone have a crush on me? Work that Body – Josh Hoge
5. What is my favorite sexual position? You’re the Flower of my Heart, Sweet Adeline – The Ritz (it sounds complicated)
6. Am I good looking? Green Song – Anne Sofie von Otter and Elvis Costello (which really doesn’t relate at all. The first total disappointment so far. But the song is pretty.)
7. What makes me the most happy? Let’s Go Boogaloo – The 188.8.131.52.’s
8. What is my biggest regret? L’Accordéoniste – Edith Piaf (the only accordionist I know is my dead grandmother)
9. How will I die? Say You Love Me – Fleetwood Mac (Ichabod really gets me sometimes)
10. Do I act my age? In the Arms of Sleep – Smashing Pumpkins
11. What type of tattoo should I get? Down Among the Sheltering Palms – The Chordettes
12. What is my spirit animal? La Battaille – Vanessa Paradise (the battle. It doesn’t really make sense, but I like it.)
13. Do I like pain? Sand in Your Shoes – Al Stewart
14. Is there anyone else like me out there? Suburban Eyes – Thelonious Monk
15. Do I love to party? All She Can See – Dishwalla
16. Where should I move to? A Strange Boy – Joni Mitchell
17. Am I secretly gay? By the Mark – Gillian Welch (bahaha)
18. Will I ever be president? Ruby Blue – Roisin Murphy
19. What is fun for me? Si Tu N’etais Pas La – Yann Tiersen (Loosely translated to ‘If you don’t stay.’ And I do like to be alone.)
20. Will I ever learn to fly? In the Wee Small Hours of the Morning – Frank Sinatra
21. What is my super power? Whatever Gets You Through Today – The Radio (I don’t love the song, but I do love the answer.)
22. What can I do to move on? Before You Accuse Me – Clapton
I’m tagging all the newspaper people with blogs that I know of (in alphabetical order): Eleanor, Ethan, Jack, Jennie, Spencer. If there are any more of you, consider yourself tagged.
I picked this because I love the color (which is misrepresented here – it’s actually somewhere between the color it is and the color of the apple next to it) and the lace neck. But it was way too large. So, I figured I’d take it in – easy.
This fabric is a nightmare to sew. It’s too slippery and tightly woven. So now, it looks like there is some ruching in the waist, and it’s not so great to look at. But I’m okay with that, because I plan on wearing it belted under a cardigan come fall. And that will properly camouflage my terrible tailoring skills.