Today is my birthday! 22, to be exact. I wasn’t expecting much – I figured that 21 would be the last party/milestone/interesting/joyous birthday, so I made almost no plans. But the day turned out to be absolutely wonderful anyway! Best bits:
- Every time I tried to get Grady to say “Happy Birthday,” she just said no. Which was pretty adorable.
- Gardening barefoot during heavy rain! So wonderful!
- Even though I didn’t get to see him (yet – the night is still young, I suppose), the boyfriend excellently displayed his thoughtfulness. He’s a keeper.
- I learned that my little sister moved home! So excited!
- Lovely Amy‘s shop, Monocled Lop, opened. I’ve been really excited about it since I first e-met* her, and my birthday present to myself was a lovely velvet turban.
- Dinner at Pete’s with the pop. I’ve been trying to get him to go there for ages.
- I finally got past a creative block that was seriously stalling my Psychodelicate progress.
- Taking all day to watch Leaves of Grass and Pulp Fiction and eating whatever I damn well pleased.
- I got to see my mom and stepdad, who** Grady finally called Grandpa. ‘Twas adorable!
- Across-the-board reminders of what excellent friends I have. Really, seriously: I love you all.
Here’s to the next 22 years!