My life has been pretty blissfully uneventful the last few months. What “blissfully uneventful” looks like:
1. Snuggling with Grady at the boyfriend’s house; she’s such a snuggler at other people’s houses. I love it.
2. Going to Cassie’s awesome birthday party. Some day I’ll get better at instagramming social stuff.
3. I’ve almost finished this needlepoint (if dmc floss on evenweave even counts as needlepoint) self-portrait; I just need some more 3799 (one of the few dmc floss numbers I have memorized) for the pants. I fudged up on the elbow shading, but otherwise I think it looks pretty good.
4. Grady fell asleep in the most ridiculous possible place. Her butt is on the sidetable, which is about five inches away from the bed, she’s wearing mismatched boots, she started out wearing a bucket hat but lost it by the time I got the camera, and her face is smooshed into the pillow. I moved her up onto the bed only after taking photos, because I know I’m going to treasure this image for years.
5. I had a pretty epic dye day with Eliza this week; she dyed strips of cotton for a quilt top and I dyed a random assortment of fibers. Clothing, hankerchiefs, and 16 skeins of yarn. Summer dying is so much more enjoyable, but I need to figure out how to marry it with the techniques of indoor winter dying. That cold hose-water did not work as well as I’d hoped.
6. Snuggling Grady to sleep every night is my favorite thing.
7. In the backyard, I was laying on my stomach and Grady was laying on my back. I asked her what a spider says and she said “AAAAAAAAH.” She also took her hat off after I told her I was going to take pictures, which I find adorable.
8. Cat embroidery! I’m nearing the point of using too many cats in the decoration of my bedroom. Or does this point even exist? Probably not.