In this week’s V we did a little thinking about illegal immigration. Here’s what you can read about – you know, if you’d like. The V is the magazine insert that comes with each copy of the UVU Review.
- John-Ross Boyce wrote a great feature article about Utah’s recently-outed List of potentially-illegal immigrants. Seriously, you should read this one.
- Nadia Ashtawy wrote about the DREAM Act, and what it could mean for young people who are currently technically illegal immigrants. Read this and then write to your Congressmen.
- We asked our staff about what could possibly clue police in to who is and is not an illegal immigrant.
- I wrote an opinion-y piece about the hypocrisy of Pioneer Day, Utah’s celebration of the Mormon Pioneers‘ choice to settle in Salt Lake City.
- And on the other side of that coin, Emily Ballstaedt wrote about what the Pioneer Day celebrations this year will include.
- Nadia also wrote about the massive budget cuts the Developmental Center in American Fork is facing, and what it will mean to disabled patients.
- I wrote about a few BYU students’ new venture; a restaurant/gallery/venue called The Upside. This is important because a handful of great galleries have closed in Provo during the last couple years.
- Rob Steffen made a video about our local library’s programs about Renaissance science, medicine and magic; and how they influenced Harry Potter. I wrote an article about it as well, but that is nowhere to be found.
- I wrote about this year’s amazing Quilt Show at the Springville Museum of Art. (Fiber arts! Yeah!)
- Andy Sherwin and I wrote reviews of this year’s Utah Shakespearean Festival.
- As always, Nadia put together a great events listing – this is where you should go if you’re looking for something interesting to do in the UV.
I love The V. And I think you should read it.