The purpose of this post is to distract me and for future reference. You definitely don’t have to read it.
1. What time did you get up this morning? Like 8:30, which is amazing and near-unprecedented since Grady was born. I think she slept in because she knew I accidentally fell asleep at 8 p.m., and wanted to trick me into getting twice as much sleep as usual. Sneaky baby.
2. How do you like your steak? I like it as living tissue inside of a cow that lives in a happy little meadow.
3. What was the last film you saw at the cinema? … It may have been 500 Days of Summer. I know I haven’t been to the cinema in over a year, because last time I went I was pregnant. Let me check the releases for September/October 2009. … Actually I think it was “9.” Lame.
4. What is your favorite TV show? Firefly. Duh. I’m watching BSG right now and am obsessed with it.
5. If you could live anywhere in the world where would it be? Well, right now it would be Utah. Because my family owns a home here, because the family business is here, because my family itself is here, because I get a complete tuition waiver to a great school here (once again thanks to my awesome family), because I know if I ever get sick my neighbors will send casseroles and offer to babysit, because my great friends are here, etc. In the future I would like to move to a state with less horrifying politicians, though.
6. What did you have for breakfast? I probably swallowed some toothpaste. I’m not much of a breakfast person.
7. What is your favorite cuisine? I don’t know what the difference between “food” and “cuisine” is. This question is stressing me out. I like frozen grapes.
8. What foods do you dislike? The weirder Japanese stuff (like squid. Squid is so gross.), almost everything I make, foods of questionable origin.
9. Favorite Place to Eat? In bed.
10. Favorite dressing? Good bleu cheese, or caesar. Or whatever is made in-house, as long as it’s nothing fruity. I hate fruity dressings.
11. What kind of vehicle do you drive? A kick-ass Honda Fit named Harry Truman. It is currently extremely messy.
12. What are your favorite clothes? I dig short skirts. So much. Carrying all that extra weight and walking a ton while pregnant and then burning so many calories nursing means that my thighs are way better than they ever were in high school.
13. Where would you visit if you had the chance? Anywhere.
14. Is your cup 1/2-empty or 1/2-full? I don’t have a cup.
15. Where would you want to retire? Northern California, probably.
16. Favorite time of day? Well that depends on the day, of course. I really enjoyed today from 3:30-4:30.
17. Where were you born? Provo. Of course.
18. Favorite sport to watch? I don’t care, really. I haven’t watched any sports in a long time. I think I’d enjoy the chance to go to a sporting event because I could knit.
Questions 19-21 are lame.
22. Bird watcher? Only if the birds are doing something interesting.
23. Are you a morning person or a night person? Neither. I am grumpy in the morning and lose my mind at night.
24. Pets? Winston! My dearest wuv.
25. Favorite book? I think I’d have to pick that biography of Edna St. Vincent Millay. It was magnificent. But my favorite author is still Steinbeck.
26. What did you want to be when you were little? A print journalist.
27. What is your best childhood memory? Crushing up plants and gathering leaves at my grandpa’s house while the half-dozen dogs orbited around me, pretending to be a botanist or an alchemist or something.
28. Are you a cat or dog person? Both. I want a dog so much it hurts.
29. Do you have children? Obviously. Like half of my blog posts are about her.
30. Do you always wear your seat belt? Yes, but mostly because my car beeps at me if I don’t.
31. Have you ever been in a car accident? This is getting tedious. I’ve been in a few, but nothing serious.
32. Any pet peeves? YES. I was hoping someone would ask me this, because my biggest pet peeve right now is when people make massive generalizations. Specifically when my friend Ben does this. Every time he says “all women” or “all businesses” or “all screenplays” or even the words “always” or “never” I want to just smack his stupid head.
33. Favorite pizza topping? All of them. I like a pizza with every veggie option.
34. Favorite Flower? I don’t really like flowers unless they’re in the ground or cut from my own garden.
35. Favorite ice cream? All of it, except for plain old chocolate chip. What’s the point?
36. Favorite fast food restaurant? Del Taco. For sure. I’ve been trying to stop eating out as much (end of internship = end of expendable income), so I need to learn how to make my own cheap burritos.
37. How many times did you fail your driver’s test? Zero! I passed by one point.
38. From whom did you get your last email? From my boss.
39. Which store would you choose to max out your credit card? This one.
40. Do anything spontaneous lately? I went to a live music concert (these fine fellows played at Urban Lounge) and danced in public. With unshaven armpits!
41. Do you like your job? I love the job I get paid for, the one that’s ending come January. I sometimes don’t despise my “job” at the school. I adore my job as a mom.
42. Broccoli? Cauliflower? Both! Kind of burnt in a stir-fry with too much Bragg’s Liquid Aminos! And tahini!
43. What was your favorite vacation? I’ll have to narrow it down to my vacations as an “adult,” because my vacations from childhood were all too amazing. Probably that time I went to Great Basin National Park all alone and met that life-changing hitchhiker on the way back.
44. Last person you went out to dinner with? Myself, my knitting and Virginia Woolf. It was lovely. The last time I was in a restaurant with people was the UVU Review end-of-semester party.
45. What are you listening to right now? Blitzen Trapper’s album “Destroyer of the Void.” It is excellent.
46. What is your favorite color? Gray.
47. How many tattoos do you have? Four.
48. Coffee drinker? Yes! I used to be a black-with-two-sugars kind of girl, and now I can’t stop spending money on dirty chai’s.
49. Favorite pastime? Knitting. Naturally.
50. Favorite quote? I don’t want to share it. Sorry.