Day 12 – A picture of something you love.
This kid! I love playing with her. I love watching her look at pictures of herself. I love holding her every night until she falls asleep. I love seeing her right after she wakes up. I love to watch her learn and invent and decipher. I love to smell her scalp and trick her into holding my hand for one second. I love our tickle/wrestle parties. I love how she loves books and animals and vegetables.
“The more anger towards the past you carry in your heart, the less capable you are of loving in the present.”
-Barbara de Angelis
Made using pattern #70 in Beyond the Square: Crochet motifs.
Written Jan. 25.
(I know. I’ve shared pictures more or less just like this about a hundred times. But a sleepy happy baby is just the best thing.)
Here are some cool things that happened on Grady’s birthday:
- When she was exactly -200 years old, Meriwether Lewis died in Tennessee. I think my stepdad is related to Meriwether Lewis. Spooooookyyyy.
- When she was exactly -119 years old, the DAR was founded. So if she’s ever in the DAR, that’ll be cool.
- There’s a whole bunch of neat-o October 11 outer space stuff. In 1957 M.I.T. scientists calculated Sputnik I’s booster rocket’s orbit. It gets better from there. Pioneer I was launched in 1858 and Apollo 7 was launched in 1968. In 1984 Kathryn D. Sullivan became the first American Woman to perform a space walk.
- Saturday Night Live debuted on October 11, 1975. Amen.
- On October 11, 2001, Polaroid filed for bankruptcy and all of the hipsters (including myself) cried.
People who share birthdays with Grady: the guy who founded YMCA, Henry Heinz (the ketchup guy), Eleanor Roosevelt (awesome!), a co-creator of Captain America, LaVell Edwards (I recognize this name because I live in Utah. I think he’s a football guy. Or a Mormon guy. Dunno.), Daryl Hall of Hall n’ Oates, Steve Young (Mormon football! Woo!), Joan Cusack, Jane Krakowski of 30 Rock, and Emily Deschanel.
People I recognize who died on October 11: Chico Marx, Jean Cocteau, and Edith Piaf.
Also, October 11 is National Coming Out Day! I don’t much like holidays but I really dig this one.
Happy birthday, baby! Love you!
Also … I’m writing this on March 25. But it didn’t seem relevant enough to post in March, so I’m scheduling it for October. Hopefully this isn’t embarrassing to me by then.